7 May 2008

Mending ducks and pants

Again, no time for quilting because outside of insane working hours, usually well into the evening (because my nanny is on holiday and I don't have anyone to watch the kids in the afternoons) and household chores, I have to mend our favourite duck - again! And the turn-up in my preferred dress-up pants has come undone and needs fixing before we jet of to Rome, no less, in 36 hours time.

So, after March's fruitless attempt I am at it again, this time by hand because that gave me the best results in previous successful operations in April 2007, January 2007 and once before that in 2004.



Such a sorry state, coverall loved through, runs and ladders up her throat, even one wing is threadbare. She has therefore taken up residence in a Elizabeth Taylor-esque pink silk kaftan of sorts that gets slung, wrapped and knotted in very sophisticated ways ...

Now, one may wonder why we don't just replace her. Well, that'd be like ripping the heart out of my big girl and thus myself.

No comments: