I had spent some time "researching" Bauhaus patterns, aka browsing Flickr and finally settled on this design. With pencil and paper, I calculated the size, different amounts of fabric etc. and then set about trying to find coordinating blues ... that resulted in quite the stash (and another project: "Helena the Great")
Despite my usual tendencies to not waste too much time ironing and cutting properly, I took great care with this project, probably also because I had the time, kicking it off during last year's retreat. And I am pleased to say that this care really paid off. The corners align well, making straight line quilting so much easier.
This is the result: I am really pleased. It was inspired by this photo on the left:
The quilt was very well received and a total surprise for my friends, taking pride of place on the lounge sofa and getting a lot of use.
105 * 185 cm, roughly
Gütermann and Aurifil threads
Freudenberg 100% cotton wadding
lotsa fun to make! .... more