6 February 2008

So done!

Since late October I have been busying myself with presents for other people, sometimes enjoying myself more, sometimes less so. Now that both Christmas and Grandma Birthday Season are over, I am glad to not be under that much pressure to produce.

My latest output:







Top is 100% cotton by Bassetti, backing is fleece, machine assembled, hand quilted. My MIL was quite thrown by this present though I doubt she knows how many hours went into it (despite her son reiterating something about "months and months ...").

It's done and I am relieved and can now move on to other things. Secretly, I am amazed at the relief I feel from having completed this one. Usually, I dread finishing quilts because they have grown to be such a constant part of my evenings and a great challenge as well. It must have something to do with the simplicity of the job (not so much of the result), the recipient and the time pressure. Commission work must feel akin to this.

But with all those projects out of my way, I'm hoping to be more positive about my crafting and more regular at quilting.

2 comments:

Nettie said...

Congrats on your finish. It's beautiful. I know those Bassetti linens. My ex MIL was also crazy about them. Was it hard to needle through that fine-weave sheet fabric?

Nettie said...

p.s. what town are you in/near. I've spent a lot of time on the Schwäbische Alb, with my former in-laws.