11 January 2005

I thought I needed to start logging my projects

... so here you go:

I am currently finishing my first all-hand-made quilt. It is a "delectable mountain" with extensive hand quilting, all in Christmas-sy colours. I said I'd finish it for Christmas when I started it in early 2004. And I will finish it for Christmas - question is: which one. I dread washing this quilt as I have made the very stupid mistake of not washing the fabric before paper-piecing them. As I am using a dark red Makower fabric which bleeds excessively, this may also be my first ruined project.

I'll post a photo after I've finished the quilting and before the washing. Meanwhile I'm praying to the Laundry God that glo care's fabric protector sheets will protect my handiwork from bleeds.

Sigh.

No comments: