27 April 2011

Sewing Room overhaul

Because I have a bit of a tendency to put cleaning and straightening off until later, a lot of things just get dumbed on available surfaces. This week, it was the girls' spring and summer clothes that I keep in this room's wardrobe. Once I cleared that away, I move onto the tall shelf in order to sort through the books, make more room and have better access to what is in there.

Obviously, when they say "things have to get worse before they get better", they were right. So off I go to another afternoon or re-jigging. But I do have big plans once I am done. One of them's already on my design wall, the other one involves Fandango charms ...

2 comments:

Catskill Quilter said...

I wonder just how many quilters obliterate their workrooms during a project, and then cannot start another project until everything is in apple pie order? Now I do not even have the internal debate - I know I have to dive in and create order -- in order to create at all! Looks like you may well be the same...

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain as I have the same issue; can't start until the previous project is cleaned up. I once started a little wall hanging that said "Creating order from chaos" but I lost it somewhere in the mess and don't know where it is. Story of my life - heavy sigh!