4 October 2008

Tying up loose ends and getting ready

I'm finishing up Paula's Princess quilt and mentally preparing for my retreat project.

It is inspired by this tiling from my favourite local pub in West Didsbury, Manchester (England), the Metropolitan on Lapwing Lane.





I will substitute the blue for green, there actually is another hallway tiled in that colour scheme. My biggest challenge will be deciding on a size and planning the size of blocks for it. This will hopefully be finished before I leave on October 23.

In the meantime, I also plan to complete Natalia's Quilt-in-a-day which I hope to be shipping from England when I visit in two weeks' time.

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

It is wonderful how inspiration comes from the strangest sources.

Anonymous said...

Love the tiles! and thanks for adding Twelve by Twelve: A Collaborative Art Quilt Project to your blog roll!