6 March 2006

Moving on: my next project

And no, contrary to popular belief, it is NOT the Quadrature!

It is another baby / toddler quilt for my soon to be godson Harrison. He seems the perfect match for my Noah's Ark fabrics:




But, alas, can you see my problem. It's a panel style design and doesn't lend itself to being used whole (too busy and not enough fabric), but cutting it up will be a nightmare too.

I'm thinking: pairing the animals because that's what Noah's Ark is all about and then assembling the whole thing crazy style. I have no idea yet how to incorporate the star and wave pattern yet, nor do I have a clue as to how to use the border style fabric. Sigh. Maybe I should draw up a design first?

And because it is now officially - meteorologically - spring time: the only flower near or far:


The flower on the Chinese Yuan coin. Beautiful. Because my garden looks like this:



4 comments:

Kate said...

Your quilt fabrics glow! You can't go wrong...

The Calico Cat said...

I think you can use the Noah's Ark fabric similarly to the red quilt you posted. (Appliqued squares here & there...)

Brit said...

whoa I was just cruizin the ring and here you are? when did you move here??

Darcie said...

Welcome to the Quilt Mavericks! We've been growing faster than I've been able to keep up with...so I'm a bit behind-the-times.

I can't wait to spend some time in your Blog in the near future!