12 October 2009

Fall Blogger's Quilt Festival: My entry


I have contemplated which of my quilts to enter this time around and had a hard time deciding. At the end, I settled on my sampler(s):


I chose these samplers because they were my first project. Initially, they were meant to be one quilt but after years of neglect, halving them made more sense.

I begun working on them in September of 2002. They are paper-pieced and machine-quilted. I love the colours, fresh, clean and vibrant. Both girls have their version on their beds to cuddle with.

They also mark the beginning of my quilting journey, a passion that has saved my sanity since becoming a (working) mum and has allowed me to connect with people while I am working on a project for them.

10 comments:

Mom said...

What a great quilt!
Thanks for sharing,
Margaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Very pretty piece and a very sensible solution to a problem.

I'm all thumbs when it comes to paper piecing but I'm about to learn properly.

Zonnah said...

It is beautiful!

Allie said...

Beautifully done!

Roslyn said...

PP is a great way to get perfect points & matching seams! I love it for NYB quilts.

Jane Macdermott said...

Think it's great, it looks perfect. Love the snow too :)

Deborah said...

love the colors!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

I love the picture of your quilt in the snow! It's really pretty!

Dresden Quilter said...

What a bright and vibrant quilt. I love to paper piece. Fantastic work!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful quilt. Smart of you to divide and conquer! Isn't quilting an amazing adventure...?! I LOVE how taking a few stitches daily can make my world a MUCH better place. Thanks for sharing.