26 May 2009

Forcibly decelerated

Argh! Despite my resolution for 2009 being to slow down, I had a lovely summer schedule all planned out, laden with work and play as well as nifty trips around Europe and the odd festivity here and there. All was going really well, I was feeling rather pleased with myself and my station, especially given that I had just gotten back into the swing with quilting again (not that you can tell from this blog, I'm having file conversion issues with my new camera). And then I went and sabotaged it all by falling down half a flight of stairs in the middle of the night, running to my mobile phone that was ringing while still having my eyes pretty much closed.

As I fell, I could hear the tell-tale crack of a bone or two deciding to give up under the strain. So here I am: stranded on the sofa with a broken foot, not allowed to walk or drive for at least four weeks. Faring far worse than said foot is my bum from sitting on it all day. I'm not used to sitting with one or two feet elevated. And I cannot work lying down. It's somewhat miserable.

Not being able to use my foot, the one that pushes the pedal of my sewing machine (insult, injury come to mind), I will be condemned to hand quilting and crocheting.

Wait a minute, life isn't so bad after all ;-)
There will just be fewer posts and pictures around here for a while.

1 comment:

tami said...

I'm so sorry about your foot. I have trouble sitting still too. Hopefully you can get a lot of hand work done in this mandatory down time.