Despite my early enthousiasm and all my good intentions, even taking the project on holiday with me, I have decided to give up.
There just isn't enough time or brain power to go around here these days and I have three quilts on a deadline as it is. I will disassemble what I have done so far and put the hearts away for another project / use. Thankfully I didn't do a lot of cutting yet so that I can re-assign the fabric to new projects that will surely be upcoming.
To re-cap, these were my goals for the next few months as posted in July:
- in progress: Stashbuster Quilt for my God-Daughter
- fabric selected and lay-out decided: 2 "quilts in a day" for new babies plus a Big Zig quilt, based on Denyse Schmidt's pattern for yet another baby