18 January 2006

Progress

is being made:


I will finish the central quilting soon, I hope. In the meantime, I need to make up my mind what to do the the rest. Currently, I'm debating quilting around every appliqu├ęd image in that same bronzey gold and then machine quilting the rest in swirly loops in burgundy.

I'm also proud to report that I am joining a quilting group in a nearby town. They are pretty difficult to come by in my homecountry but the US military presence helps a lot. Some groups currently can't even take new non-military members on board because of US quilt guild rules.

1 comment:

Kate said...

It looks great! I am thinking of doing a similar shape on my quilt-- it's based on an oriental rug and this motif would look very natural. But I think I'm going to do mine by machine...your handwork looks beautiful!